Monday, January 24, 2011

A New Start of 2011


WHAT'S UP? IT'S A NEW CHAPTER FOR ALL OF US THIS YEAR AND I AM AS EXCITED AS YOU ARE TO BEGIN OUR JOURNEY INTO THE UNKNOWN. This time around I am diving with a new crew, Diverse Borneo - PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre. I had since joined Diverse Borneo from 13th January as a Public Relations Tour Operator. 2 weeks had passed and what can I say? I just love this place!

It has been 2 months since my last dive over at the beautiful Tunku Abdul Rahman Park. I had the opportunity to visit one of the must visit in Kota Kinabalu, Borneo again on Sunday. I did three dives and nothing beats a fun day out from the office (even though the weather wasn't on our side).

We had about 14 wonderful people joining the trip - 4 of them were doing PADI Discover Scuba Diving, 3 ladies from the great China had fun snorkelling with our professional guides, 2 divers did their PADI Refreshe
r Course, 2 divers did a PADI Referral Course and 3 local KK divers had fun underwater for 3 fun dives. What a day it was!

The dive sites I visited were Clement's Reef, Ron's Reef and Agill's Reef. It was fabulous I tell you. Schooling fusilier, butterfly fish, lobster, puffer fish, nudibranches and all that tropical fishes.

Visibility was expected to be low but it was not the worse. But hey, anybody with an adventure spirit will know how to have fun :).

Wendy and her boyfriend Jeefaas from the Netherlands decided to finish their PADI Open Diver Course with us (after returning from Vietnam) and now moving onto becoming a PADI Open Water Advance Diver. They just can't wait to explore Sapi House Reef at night for their PADI Night Diver specialty course.

After a such long period of time of not having breathing underwater, the
excitement was always over my head. Waking up as early as 6 in the morning to help the boys loading and unloading the tanks and gears at the jetty was new to me. Now my whole body is aching. I don't know how the DMs do it but I am sure steroid is not one of them. Have to give respect to the divemasters and instructors!




Not only they can stand this massive hard labour, but they can still have the passion to show you what is there to see underwater. Once the dive has ended, they repeat the first step again and in the end giving you a nice warm smile.

;)

This blog entry is dedicated to all divemasters and instructors where ever you are. I had no idea that the work load is overdose until I tried it myself helping my colleagues :D

Till next time.

Forever blowing bubbles & be active in scuba diving!

No comments:

Post a Comment